Since the beginning of the pandemic in early 2020, businesses have been struggling in most parts of the country to keep and retain customers. However, Prescott Valley’s sales tax revenue compared to last year and years prior has seen a steady increase.
Prescott Valley saw a substantial sales tax revenue increase of approximately 23 percent for retail, restaurant and hotel from fiscal year 2019/2020 - 2020/2021. In the month of July 2021, the Town’s tax revenue was the highest it has ever been, indicating that business is good in Prescott Valley and will hopefully stay on this trajectory.
The Town’s Economic Development Department is focused on attracting new businesses and helping with retention and expansion efforts of existing businesses. The needs and wants of the community are at the top of the priority list.
New retail businesses that have recently opened in town include:
• Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen at 5610 E State Rte 69.
• The Grumpy Sicilian at 7025 E Florentine Rd.
• Rosa’s Pizzeria at 2992 Park Ave # B.
• New Maverick Gas Station at the intersection of State Rte 69 and Fain Road.
• A&W Restaurant, Convenience Store and Monster Car Wash at the intersection of 89A and Viewpoint Dr.
• Church’s Chicken and a Best Western Hotel at the southeast corner of Hwy 69 and Navajo Drive.
• Credit Union West at Glassford Hill Road North of Maverik and Alliance.
The Town of Prescott Valley wants to give visitors, customers and those relocating here a great experience. The Town actively works to provide anyone who visits, along with businesses looking for their next site selection, with a great impression that will have a positive impact for the entire community.
For more information regarding Economic Development for the Town of Prescott Valley please visit ed.pvaz.net or call Cutter Chamberlain at 928-759-3106.