Civil Matters Frequently Asked Questions

Does the Legal Department provide legal services to individual citizens?
No. Neither the Town Attorney or the Town Prosecutor can provide legal advice to the citizens of Prescott Valley. The Legal Department may only provide counsel to the municipal corporation and its officers and employees in their official capacity. Individuals seeking legal services should consult a private attorney or contact one of the following agencies:
  • Arizona Senior Citizens Law Project: 602-252-6710
  • Arizona State University Law School Clinic: 480-965-6968
  • Community Legal Services: 928-445-9240
  • Volunteer Lawyers Program: 800-852-9075
Where can I obtain information about landlord-tenant disputes (e.g., eviction notice, getting repairs done, tenants rights, etc.)?
A private attorney and Community Legal Services are 2 sources of information about landlord-tenant disputes. A copy of the Landlord-Tenant Act (Arizona statutes) may be obtained free of charge at the Prescott Valley Civic Center, Receptionist (3rd floor) or by calling 800-458-5842.

I have a business complaint (unsatisfactory service or repair, etc.) Whom can I contact?
  • Arizona Attorney General's Office Consumer and Business Complaints: 800-352-8431
  • Better Business Bureau of Central/Northern Arizona: 877-291-6222 (toll free)
Where do I file a Small Claims Court action in Yavapai County?
Yavapai County Justice Court:
  • Prescott Precinct: 928-771-3300
  • Verde Valley Precinct: 928-567-3353
I need to know where to get a marriage license; a passport; divorce records; probate information.
Contact the Yavapai County Clerk of Superior Court at 928-771-3314.

Where can I obtain a copy of the Prescott Valley Town Code or a particular section?
The town website is the fastest way to find information in the Town Code. Copies may be printed from the website.