How much funding is available for the Exterior Enhancement Grant Program?
The Town of Prescott Valley allocated $500,000 to the Exterior Enhancement Grant Program. Eligible small business owners may receive a one-time grant of up to $25,000 to enhance the business’ outdoor space for COVID-19 mitigation (such as installing or expanding a restaurant patio area) or improve the built environment of the neighborhood (such as building façade improvements).
How much funding can my business receive?
Award amount is consistent with the pandemic related revenue loss:
- 1% decrease in revenue – maximum of $5,000 awarded
- 5% decrease in revenue – maximum of $10,000 awarded
- 10% decrease in revenue – maximum of $15,000 awarded
- 15% decrease in revenue – maximum of $20,000 awarded
- 20% decrease in revenue – maximum of $25,000 awarded
What are the eligibility requirements for the Exterior Enhancement Grant Program?
To be eligible, a business must:
- Submit a completed electronic or paper application by April 29, 2022.
- Be located in the Town of Prescott Valley.
- Be an active and operational business providing products or services to Town of Prescott Valley residents at the time of application submission.
- Have no more than 50 employees as of July 1, 2021.
- Provide a valid Town of Prescott Valley business license.
- Be in good legal standing with no court-ordered financial obligations (e.g. no enforceable judgements, liens, bankruptcies, arbitration settlements requiring withholding of funds, felony convictions, violation of court orders requiring holding of funds for child support, court costs or criminal victim reimbursement programs).
- Be operating in accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws with no open code violations within the Town of Prescott Valley.
- Utilize the awarded grant dollars to cover eligible enhancements to the business' outdoor space. All enhancements must comply with applicable County, City and State laws, including zoning and permitting regulations.
- Have the ability to complete the project by December 30, 2022 and submit all required documentation for reimbursement under the grant by January 30, 2023.
- Retain relevant records documenting expenditure of the awarded funds for a period of six years and produce documents at the request of the Town of Prescott Valley.
What documents are needed to apply for the Exterior Enhancement Grant Program?
The following documents must be uploaded as part of the application:
- A current Town of Prescott Valley business license.
- Documentation showing the number of employees as of July 1, 2021, which may include a payroll journal, quarterly tax documentation or other applicable documentation demonstrating the number of employees on July 1, 2021.
- Documentation showing the reduction of revenue attributed to the pandemic, which may include Transaction Privilege Tax Returns, business tax returns, or other applicable documentation demonstrating the reduction of revenue from calendar year 2019 to 2020.
- A current W-9.
- Description of the enhancements or improvements to the property including:
- explanation of how the project will enhance the business’ outdoor spaces for COVID-19 mitigation or improve the built environment of the neighborhood,
- estimated project start and completion date,
- design drawings (if applicable),
- itemized cost estimate for the project,
- landlord consent form (if applicable).
Is there a deadline to apply for the Exterior Enhancement Grant Program?
Grants will be awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis and grant applications will be accepted through 5 p.m. on Friday, April 29, 2022.
If my business received other COVID-19-related funding assistance (grants/loans), am I still eligible to apply?
Do I have to document a loss of revenue?
Yes, all applicants must provide documentation showing the reduction of revenue attributed to the pandemic for their business. This may include Transaction Privilege Tax Returns, business tax returns, or other applicable documentation demonstrating the reduction of revenue from calendar year 2019 to 2020.
Do I have to own my business location?
No. Either property owners or business owners who own property, or who lease property within the Town limits may apply. Lessees must provide a landlord consent form.
Can I apply if I am a home-based business?
Grant funds may not be utilized to make improvements to a place of residence even if that residence is the primary location of operation for a home-based business.
Can I use the grant funds for improvements to my rental property?
Grant funds may not be utilized for improvements to residence including residences utilized as rental properties.
My employee count has changed throughout the year. As of what date should I provide my employee count?
For the grant application, business owners should provide their employee count as of July 1, 2021. Documentation may include a payroll journal, quarterly tax documentation or other applicable documentation demonstrating the number of employees on July 1, 2021.
How do I obtain a permit?
After the applicant is notified of the grant award, Community Development will facilitate the permit process with the applicant’s commercial contractor. Town permit fees will be drawn directly from the recipient’s award amount.
How do I find a commercial contractor?
Yavapai County Contractors Association can assist businesses in locating a licensed contractor for their project. YCCA can be reached by email at email@example.com, by phone at 928-778-0040, or at their business location at 810 E. Sheldon Street, in Prescott, AZ.
How will I be notified if my business receives a grant? Will I be notified if my business does not receive a grant?
Businesses that submit an application will receive an email notification of approval or denial after the grant application is reviewed.
How many reimbursements/payments are allowed for projects that receive a grant?
A business may submit up to 3 reimbursement requests which collectively do not exceed the lessor amount of either the total grant award or the total cost of the project. The requests must be submitted to the Town with all required documentation no later than January 30, 2023.
What documents are required for reimbursement of projects that are awarded an Exterior Improvement Grant?
Reimbursement request packets must include:
- A completed Exterior Enhancement Grant program payment request form
- Proof of project expense payment (i.e. copies of deposited checks)
- Proof of project status for interim reimbursement requests (i.e. photos)
- Proof of project completion including a certificate of occupancy, if applicable, for the final reimbursement request.
The Town reserves the right to conduct a site visit of the project at any time during the project and/or within 60 days following the submission of the final grant reimbursement request.
Will I need to repay the awarded grant funding?
If a project is not completed by December 30, 2022, grant funds will have to be repaid to the Town in-full by January 30, 2023.
If I receive an Exterior Enhancement Grant, how long do I have to complete the project and spend the grant funds?
Business owners awarded an Exterior Enhancement Grant must complete the project by December 30, 2022. The final reimbursement request must be submitted to the Town no later than January 30, 2023.
How can I apply for the grant program?
Grant applications and supporting documents may be submitted online through the Town of Prescott Valley website at www.pvaz.net, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to:
Town of Prescott Valley
Attn: Finance Administration
7501 E. Skoog Blvd.
Prescott Valley, AZ 86314
Can I update/change the documentation submitted with my application?
Once an application is submitted, the application and uploaded documentation can be updated or changed by emailing email@example.com. However, grants will be awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis and the date and time of the last application update will be used.
What happens if I submit an incomplete application?
Incomplete applications will not be considered for a grant award until all required elements are submitted.
What is the contact information if I have additional questions?
For additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.